Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Terhalang 20 Years



20 years ago, 10th June 1995, was an important date for me.

On that fateful day, me and my high school friends produced a theater play "Terhalang", adaptation of Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet.  My role as Mercutio (aka Jaen Lohai), which was the 1st guy who died on stage, is something that I will never forget and will probably take with me till death do us part.

Oh btw, it was an all girl high school, so somebody gotta play the guy.

My love for drama and theater will never die.  I think.  Now fast forward 20 years later, and here we are today with new movies, tv series, and plays.

But something authentic about all girls drama high school is just an experience that you will always cherish and remember.  I especially want to say thank you to my high school drama club.  Thank you for the opportunity for me to play that special guy, Jaen Lohai. Thanks for having me in your show. :)

No comments: