Thursday, September 01, 2016

Imagine



*This post is dedicated to my husband Lloyd and my mama Nancy*

Imagine. Imagine your life 5 years from now. It's the year of 2021. How old will you be? How old will your family members be? What kind of family life that you'll have? What job will have hold? What will you continue to do and stop doing? Will things that matter now still matter later? Will you pursue things that will last forever, like love and family; or will you keep focusing on temporary things that will be gone eventually anyway?

Life is funny. When I was 22, I dreaded to be 30. I kept saying to myself,"OMG, I only have 8 years in my twenties before I turn to the third decade of my life!". But now I'm 37, and I can't wait to be 40. Life experiences taught me that it's always get better with time. I learn more and grow more with time. I guess the reason why I was afraid of getting older is because I only imagine bad things happen to older people (which is completely wrong. Older people normally become better than their younger version because they learn from their mistakes, stop bad habits,  and continue good habits).

I'm a firm believer that the future will always be better and brighter. And it's true. Look at our lives now compared to the '80s, '90s, and those historical period of time. Now we are living at the best time of humanity.

But, what's the use of the better future if we keep living in the past? We need to live in the present and keep an eye towards the future. If we want to get to our destination, we need to move now.

So in the year 2021, I want all my family members to be healthier and happier. We need to continue eating better and healthier foods, and doing things that make us happy. Like reduce (and eliminate) our stress of life. Like watching comedy and great movies to entertain us, make us happy. Like let go of the grudge (this is so hard for me! but I'm trying!) and forgive. Forgive and forget.

My husband an mother are the prime example of forgive and forget. I admire their phlegmatic approach of life, with their patience, and good virtue. I learn to increase my patience skills tremendously from these 2 great people that God had trusted for me to take care of, and I feel very fortunate that I can be a part of their lives.

My mom, Nancy,  is fantastic when it comes to healthy living. She juices the fresh fruits every day. She ensure we eat healthy (aka no soda in the table!). She exercises and encourage us to exercise in daily basis. She is peaceful. She forgive fast and never hold resentment. She takes care of her skin. I guess that's why she always looks younger than her age!

My husband, Lloyd,  I called him prince of peace, because every time he heard a slight disagreement in the house, he's always say, "Peace, please." He believes that no matter what differences we had, we can always resolve it in calm manner and cold head. Peace and sleeping 8 hours at night. That's one of the many qualities that I admire from him. He always calm, peaceful, and rarely stress. Very rare.

Now, what do you want to achieve in 2021? Whatever your decision, decide to put a goal for the next 5 years. So this way you can start moving towards that direction. You'll be so happy when you get there. You won't regret that you start the journey to achieve your goal today. In 2021, you'll look back and be thankful to your younger self, when you make that commitment and dedication to start working towards your goal.

Have a great day!

No comments: