Wednesday, November 08, 2017

Next



I'm a kid who can't wait to grow up.

I think about college when I was in third grade.

I daydreamed about being a thirty-five year old housewife with two kids when I was fifteen years old.

I charted a three years road map of college classes I need to took when I was in my second semester of being a college freshman, on my first year, to ensure I finished my bachelor degree in less than four years.

When I was a direct sales representative, I cannot stop thinking what my career would be like if I work super hard in order to be promoted to the next level, the Personal Financial Consultant in Retail Banking.

When I was engaged to my fiancee in Indonesia, I continuously imagined my new marriage life will look like in United States.

During our first three years renting apartment, I think about buying a dream house every single day.

Six month before our second car being paid off, I counted the weeks of that final payment day.

I can't wait for our mortgage to be paid off, even though technically we still have thirteen years to go.

And now, I imagine retirement every waking moment, although I still have twenty-one years left in the workforce.

I simply always thinking what's next.

I don't know why I always think what's next.

Sometimes I wonder, if I get to be an eighty year old woman one day, will I think about coffin, cremation, or if I won't wake up forever?

For now, I'll just think of the next blogpost that I will write.


No comments: