Thursday, April 23, 2015

Peggy's Special Chicken Vesuvio

I've been making Chicken Vesuvio for the last 10 years, and every time I made it, I always add something.  The celery, cauliflower, and some spices were not included in the original recipe, but somehow I think the above additions make this dish more flavorful and certainly delicious.

My husband really like it and even said that tonight's version was the most spectacular Chicken Vesuvio I've ever made!  So with that thought in mind, I'd better jot down this recipe in my blog before I forget.  I'm sharing this with you so you can try this wonderful dish too!  Enjoy!

INGREDIENTS:
3 red potatoes, diced
4 skinless, boneless chicken
breast halves, diced
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 lemon, grated & juiced
2 stalk celery, diced
1 head cauliflower, cut in florets
4 cloves garlic, minced
2  green onions, chopped
1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
Seasoning: salt, pepper, paprika, nutmeg, cloves, oregano, basil, sugar

DIRECTIONS:
1.Place potatoes, chicken, celery, cauliflower, and garlic in a casserole dish. Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice. Sprinkle with the seasoning blend.  Mix together. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
2.Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Sprinkle green onions over chicken.
3.Bake, covered, in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove from oven, add mushrooms and season if needed. Return to oven, uncovered, and bake for 30 minutes.


No comments: