Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Garden of Eden

As I sipping thru my hot cocoa, while soaking in the warm jacuzzi in my luxurious apartment complex, I think to myself, "This is life." On a cold winter day like this, I get a chance to enjoy the solitude of my own company in the the hot tub. I look at my surrounding. Beautiful lush garden with tall green trees all around. I look up and saw birds are flying and making some cute noises. I feel peace and serenity. I feel this is the Garden of Eden.

It's funny. From the world standard, I am less than what I was before. Previously, I had a big home with big beautiful family. Now that house is sold and the family had spread out their wings, I am just me,  myself, and I. Just a family of 1. And now I'm renting a 1 bedroom apartment for myself. So technically I'm "poorer". But the odds are, I felt so much "richer" than before.

Before, I don't have time to enjoy all these. But now I do! I have all the time in the world to stop and smell the roses. Something that I didn't have the luxury before due to obligations of life. But now, I can really relax, enjoy little things, and be grateful for every opportunity. This experience really open up my eyes. I now can get back to do my hobbies again, such as blogging and communicating with friends.

It is the outlook on life that will make you happier or not. It's not money. It's not things. It's not success. It's not fame. But how you perceived life will determine if you're going to be happy or not. In everything, you always have a choice to view it as a positive experience, or a negative one. You can always choose to do the right thing, or not. You always have the option.



When I'm done with my spa jacuzzi time, I was just chilling in the clubhouse. The apartment management had put together such a beautiful clubhouse for the resident to enjoy. I went to the fireplace, sipping my hot green tea (courtesy of the apartment management! Thank you!), and feeling the warmth embrace of the fire. Then I sit on the big couch in the living room, relaxing some Christmas music from the gigantic flat screen TV in the center of the clubhouse. How soft and comfortable to sofa was! Enjoying the Christmas decoration that is neatly put together. The pointsettias. The little this and that. How life is wonderful!

I feel that today I visited the Garden of Eden. Everything is so beautiful. Give me peace of mind.

Thank you, Lord.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Peggy.you look the same when you were in SMP here...hahahaa
..good thing.right....awet muda!
Merry Chrismast my dear...enjoy the season!!!

Peggy Sanders said...

Hahaha, thank you so much, yach! Iya seneng nih kalo bisa keliatan kayak anak SMP! Hahahaha, awet muda, gak awet tua yach! :)

Thanks for reading my blog. Merry Christmas too and happy holidays! :)