Friday, January 04, 2019

TBT vs FF

For now, I'm no longer going to do TBT - Throwback Thursday. You know, putting pictures in Facebook of your younger days, reminiscing.

Instead I'm going to do FF - Future Friday. I'm going to put my vision there. Where I'm going to be next. What I'm going to do next. What do I WANT to be when I "grow up".  This activity is what I called : Futuring.

Doesn't matter if I reach it or not. Doesn't matter if it will happen or not. What matter is I'm looking forward instead of looking back. This is more like a vision board for me, virtually.

Why always looking back at the past? What's in the past anyway? You've learned the lesson, right? Move on!!!

Am I living in the 20th century now?

No! I am now living in the 21st century! So now the way I think, do, and live must be aligned with how the 21st century living. It's progressive thinking, not regress. It's learning environment, not just stay with the past glories.

Your achievement in the past are great, but keep working to the next project! Don't linger there. Do you know what happen if Walt Disney just stop at making Snow White and that's it? Do you know what happen if Leonardo DiCaprio just stop at Titanic and that's it? (Hint : Click the link above to see what happen if Walt or Leo stop).

Today, Friday, Jan 4, 2019, here's what I put in my Facebook:

FF (Future Friday) - Instead of posting TBT, I'm now going to post FF! This is where I'm going to be in the next 38 weeks! Yeah!!! 



Basically FF is a form of a written goal, well in this case, a posted goal. Make my goal known so this way I can be hold accountable. It's not just the activities of what I'll do. It's where I want to be next in life. So maybe next Friday, I'll post my dream job. My vision in my career life. Maybe I'll post which people that I'm going to meet? Barack Obama perhaps?

This is a way to keep me motivated and moving forward. And up! Just like my 2019 New Year's resolution.

FF is a new trend now. World, watch out!




No comments: